Salad of warm figs w goat cheese and balsamic glaze
Thursday, October 11, 2012
One of my recent creations: a salad of warm figs (in season and delish right now) w goat cheese
1) Arugula (washed and dried, I use a salad spinner)
2) Large figs (6-8)
3) Goat Cheese (I like the soft kind), about 2 table spoons per serving
4) 1/4 cup of pine nuts
5) 1/4 of thinly sliced red onion (or more if you like)
6) 1 table spoon extra virgin olive oil
7) 2 tablespoon of aged balsamic
8) 1 teaspoon of berry preserves
9) Balsamic glaze for decoration
Wash and dry figs, slice in half, warm in over or toaster over on an oiled tray for about 20 minutes.
In the meantime, wash and try arugula.
Slice red onions thinly.
Heat small skilled and toast pine nuts, careful not to burn.
For dressing, mix ingredients 6-8.
Once figs are ready, toss arugula and red onions w dressing. You don't want to leave the dressing on too long b/c arugula is delicate and gets mushy. Plate and top w pine nuts.
Add warm figs, top w a 1/2 spoon or so of goat cheese. Top figs w balsamic glaze (store bought), if you don't have it, can use some of the dressing for this.