Decided to use them in salad. Google to the rescue and I came across this awesome recipe from the Farm House Table which I promptly added to my Pinterest of course :)
Here is the original recipe http://farmhousetable.wordpress.com/2011/06/15/grilled-peach-salad-with-buffalo-mozzarella-and-arugula/ which I followed somewhat loosely.
Here is what my final product looked like. I must say it was very good.
I used romaine instead of arugula--no arugula available at the moment.
Had sliced fennel so I added that.
Had wheatberries which I love and cooked a few days before--added a bit of those.
Had no chives, heavy cream or creme fraiche.
Used goat cheese (my fave) instead of mozarella.
My ingredients that I used:
- Romaine lettuce (about 2 cups per person). Washed and dried in salad spinner.
- 3 peaches (enough to serve 2)
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 container of goat cheese
- 3 table spoons of toasted pine nuts
- 1 table spoon honey
- 1 table spoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 table spoons of red wine vinegar