- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, Boil potatoes about 15 minutes till somewhat but not fully cooked.
- Drain, cool and peel.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, brown sugar, 2 cups marshmallows, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook stirring occasionally, until marshmallow are melted.
- Stir potatoes into marshmallow sauce. Stir and mash some of the potatoes and break the rest into bite sized chunks. Transfer to the prepared dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cover with the remaining 1 cup of marshmallows. Return to over and bake till marshmallows are golden brown.
|Yams after baking for 15 minutes toped with marshmallows and ready to go back in oven for browning|