- 3 Cod (same as sable fish) fillets
- The above recipe says to remove the skin but I did not bother.
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp of good balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, I used low sodium
- 1-2 tablespoons of orange juice ( I used fresh squeezed)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (used same orange that I used for juice above)
- 2 tablespoons ginger (fresh if you have, that's what I used)
- 2 tsp oil (I used grape)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pam or another cooking spray ( I used canola oil by Spectrum)
Chanterelles are such delicious little mushrooms, if you can get your hands on them, I highly recommend them. They are tasty over rice or potatoes --you really need another side w them since they shrink so much.
1 tablespoon grape oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
Brussel sprouts (as much as you think you will eat), I always make extra and reheat the leftovers the next day.
Grape oil--1 to 2 tablespoons depending on how many brussel sprouts you plan to roast.
Preheat oven to 425 F. In the meantime, peel outer layer from sprouts. Half or quarter them depending on size. In a bowl, toss w oil of choice.
Stick in the oven and turn every 15 minutes or so. Once they are brown, you can turn the oven off and I sometimes leave the sprouts there another ten minutes, this gets them even more brown and crispy which I like.
Cook to package direction, I won't bore you with this.
Assemble all your ingredients. Enjoy with lovely company and a nice glass of rose wine.
RECIPE FOR COD IS ADAPTED FROM: