I usually serve them over a salad or with a side salad and limit myself to one or two so it's not too unhealthy.
These are surprisingly easy to make! I will be making them again tonight! Soaking the crabs in milk helps plump them up when cooked. Combining butter and oil results in crispy crabs.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 4 small soft-shell crabs, washed and well dried on paper towels
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (I use whole wheat with great results)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Ponzu sauce for dipping
2. Place the milk in a shallow bowl large enough to hold the crabs in a single layer. Add the crabs and let them soak for 1 hour. Drain and discard the milk.